Riverland Fire and Safety prides itself on being an advocate for our customers in meeting their legal and moral obligations regarding the maintenance of fire protection equipment.
We work with the following guiding principles:
- Personalised service – you are unique and we treat you that way
Professional work standards, presentation and service
- Pride in our workmanship, service and our company
- Passionate about helping our customers meet their responsibilities regarding fire safety
We are different to our competitors as we combine the best of a small business with that of a large corporation. Some of the benefits of using Riverland Fire and Safety are:
- One site – one technician. We have one technician undertaking all of the scheduled service work on a site. This reduces your time to induct new technicians, our staff are aware of your needs and adjust our services to meet these needs.
- 24hr / 7 day staffed emergency call out service. This service is managed by our senior staff who are focused on maintaining a long term customer relationship with you – not on making money.
- We have a computer system that manages the scheduled service work to ensure that the work is done when it is due. You do not have to manage us. Our records show all programmed work is undertaken within the tolerances set by the Australian Standards.
- Service driven – customer service is central to all services that we provide, including customised service programs and prompt response to customer questions. You can call us whenever you need and we will answer any question you have.
Riverland Fire and Safety is a South Australian family owned business. We were established over 20 years ago and now operate as a division of the family owned company Fire & Emergency Services SA
Alan Short is our Managing Director responsible for our overall operations. Alan is a well-known leader in the industry. He is:
- On the leadership team of the South Australian membership group of the Fire Protection Association (FPA) Australian (since 2007)
- Recipient of the Fire Protection Association (FPA) Australian’s national Meritorious Service Award (2014)
- A regular presenter at both National and State seminars
We are supported by a great team of Riverland staff whose primary aim is to partner with you to ensure you meet your legal and moral obligations with regard to fire safety.
Alan Short — Managing Director
- Bachelor of Engineering (with Honours)
- Certificate III in Inspection and Testing of Fire Equipment Extinguishing Agent Handling License (EAHL)
- Fire Protection Accreditation Scheme No. (IT14932)
Alan is the first person in South Australia (second in Australia) accredited under the Fire Protection Accreditation Scheme (FPAS) which is a national independent accreditation scheme that can be used to identify staff that are competent in the fire protection industry.
Alan is passionate about the fire industry and a volunteer on a number of industry associations including the Fire Protection Association (FPA) Australia’s SA Leadership Team, Facility Management Association (FMA) State Committee as well as a regular presenter at seminars on the importance of fire protection maintenance.
Robert (Bob) Short — Director
- Fire Protection Accreditation
Bob has been in the fire protection industry for over 50 years as a designer, consultant, project manager and maintenance manager.
Bob was recruited into the Metropolitan Fire Service’s fire equipment services division to train their staff on how to inspect and test fire sprinkler and detection systems. When this department was closed in 2000, Bob established Fire & Emergency Services SA
Michael (Mick) Schwertfeger — Operations Manager
Mick has established himself in the industry as a top tier service technician. He has brought with him a skill set in staff management that has resulted in him managing the daily operations at Riverland Fire and Safety. If you have a problem Mick will fix it.
FPA Australia – Silver Members
The Fire Protection Association of Australia (FPA Australia) is the peak industry body. FPA Australia has a broad range of members including Government bodies, the Fire Services, fire engineers, insurance agencies as well as fire protection installation and service companies. Riverland Fire and Safety’s parent company Fire & Emergency Services SA is a corporate silver member of FPA Australia and a signatory to the FPA Australia’s Code of Practice. Signatories to the Code of Practice commit to working ethically within the fire protection industry.
Alan Short, our Managing Director, is the on the Leadership Team of the South Australian Membership Group. Alan was awarded the 2014 national Meritorious Service Award for outstanding services to the association. Alan is also a regular presenter at State and National Seminars.
Fire Protection Accreditation Scheme
FPA Australia administers an industry accreditation scheme called the Fire Protection Accreditation Scheme (FPAS). Riverland Fire and Safety’s application for FPAS accreditation has been submitted and is waiting approval. Our parent company, Fire and Emergency Services SA is the first business in South Australia (and the second nationally) to be recognised under this scheme. As part of the scheme we have committed to having all our service staff complete a Certificate 2 or 3 in Fire Protection Inspection and Testing.
All our staff have been independently assessed as being competent to undertake the inspection and testing of fire protection equipment.
Facilities Management Association (FMA) of Australia
Alan Short, our Managing Director is a state committee member of the FMA. He regularly attends meetings and seminars of the association.